Bachelor of Business Administration - BBA
Our UNIGOVEC Degree, Bachelor of Business Administration program, whether taught via the online or hybrid platform, leads undergraduate students Into the next step in their business careers. At The University of Government and Economics, Bachelor of Business Administration students become knowledgeable about a wide variety of disciplines, including finance, accounting, marketing, operations, sales, and information technology.
If you are looking for flexibility in your business degree, choose our Bachelor of Business Administration and you’ll learn what it takes to lead, innovate and problem-solve in fast-changing business environments.
This Bachelor Degree Programme in Business Administration is a three year integrated Programme aiming at educating candidates with a high level of analytical, theoretical, and practical competences, which will provide the foundation for candidates’ professional career and postgraduate education. The Programme consists of a specter of courses such as accounting, finance, economics, marketing, and strategy. In addition, courses such as social scientific methods, mathematics, and business analysis are included.
Why is Business Administration a good study choice?
Bachelor of Business Administration or BBA is one of the most popular and sought after bachelor degree programmes pursued by students after Class 12. The Bachelor of Business Administration course is the gateway to a plethora of job opportunities in numerous sectors such as Marketing, Education, Finance, Sales, and Government to name a few.
The Bachelor of Business Administration programe offers knowledge and training in management and leadership skills to prepare them for managerial roles and entrepreneurship. The programe will help the students learn various aspects of business administration and management through classroom lectures and practical projects. The course will acquaint the students with various aspects of the business administration, market, marketing trends, etc.
This business administration degree can provide you necessary skills in various business disciplines, such as finance, accounting, operations, human resources, marketing, and management. It can also help develop leadership, analytical, problem-solving, communication, and entrepreneurial skills that are useful for future business leaders in a competitive and diverse business environment.
Additionally, studying business administration can contribute to the development and economy of any country by providing jobs, goods, and services.
Business Administration Curriculum
To obtain a Bachelor of Business Administration Degree, students are required to complete 180 credits. Courses may be taken on a full-time or part-time basis.
|start:||15 September – Campus|
10 October – Online studies
10 January – Online studies
15 February – Campus
|Place of Study:||Mogadishu, and Online Studies|
|Application Deadline:||Continuous recording. Applications are processed in the order in which they are received.|
|Duration::||3 year full-time (campus and online studies)|
4 years part-time (online studies only)
|Degree::||Bachelor Degree (Professional Degree)|
Abdijabaar Sh. Ahmed
Foad Warsame Abdi
Hawa Osman, Ph.D
- This Introduction to Management course covers core management skills that can be applied to almost any management role or industry sector. Aimed at those who directly manage others, it’s a popular choice for professionals who have not had any formal management training and those who are relatively new to management.
- This course prepares the learner to apply basic accounting principles in the preparation of financial statements for external reporting. Students will become skilled in the bookkeeping process which leads to the preparation of the financial statements.
- This course is designed to serve as an introduction to the basic principles of marketing, practices, and the application of these practices. This course examines our present-day marketing system from a managerial point of view and has a current events component to help emphasize the marketing principles in today’s business world.
- This academic writing skills course has comprehensive lessons. Each lesson includes a practical assignment which is designed to help you improve your writing. All assignments are personally marked and graded by your tutor, so you’ll be receiving your instructor’s feedback at each stage of the course.
- During this course, we will be addressing introductory concepts; the market system; price determination; demand and utility; competitive supply; cost analysis; market structures; equilibrium of the firm; pricing of factor inputs; land rents; wages; interest and capital.
This Introduction to Business Law is a course designed to equip you with a thorough understanding of the fundamental principles of commercial law. This course will give you foundation knowledge about the origins of our legal system and the framework in which businesses operate.
This business law course covers the many facets of commercial law, the origins of law, the legal framework in which business operates, torts, defamation, negotiable instruments, business entities and the laws pertaining to business financial dealings.
- The purpose of this course is to discuss the effects on modern business of the widespread application of information technology, including the evolution of new business models. We focus on electronic commerce as a highly visible example of the impact of information technology on international business.
- The course is designed to provide a solid understanding of operations management methods. Students will gain experience together with knowledge of techniques and tools to support decisions made within the context of operations. There will be an opportunity to gain a clear understanding of quantitative and qualitative approaches to operations management. The schedule will include product planning, quality management and control, forecasting demand, process planning, measuring and improving performance, managing capacity, resource planning, managing the supply chain, and facilities location.
- In this subject, you will study one of the oldest and most essential vehicles of law, the one that regulates and organises the exchange of goods and services: contracts and obligations. This is an essential starting point for the consolidation of other areas of civil law and for tackling other legal disciplines (commercial law, financial law, etc.).
- The managers who are with multinational companies should be very careful and have the knowledge about the ethical and unethical values and should select only the ethical actions. This Business ethics course is a form of applied ethics or professional ethics, that examines ethical principles and moral or ethical problems that can arise in a business environment. It applies to all aspects of business conduct and is relevant to the conduct of individuals and entire organizations.
- This subject will cover basic tax concepts that will help you understand why it is important for a company to follow a suitable fiscal policy. On completion of the subject, you will be prepared to study the Somali tax system in greater detail.
- This online course provides a brief introduction to basic skills related to the Norwegian speaking skills, communication skills, ‘ everyday life, basic skills and profiles for basic skills at work. Basic Norwegian is an age-independent and level-based plan that focuses on beginner education in Norwegian.
- This subject will teach you to think in systemic terms: relating a company’s environment with its structure and the people who make it up. The objective is for you to be able to understand how the job market and people interrelate with the company and how organizations are structured.
- This course introduces the student to a number of essential mathematical and statistical techniques that are extensively used in business and management. Particular attention will be paid to the circumstances in which the methods considered should be employed. The following quantitative methods will be included: equations and graphs; measures of location and dispersion; indices; probability and normal distribution; basic optimisation; critical path analysis; correlation and simple linear regression; time series forecasting. Appropriate software (eg Excel) will be used to support learning.
- The course provides an introduction to accounting from the manager’s viewpoint. Areas covered include the collection and reporting of accounting information to both internal and external users, as well as the use and interpretation of publicity available accounting information. The role of accounting in supporting the management functions of planning, control and decision-making is also covered. Indicative topics include preparation and presentation of a simple income statement and balance sheet, including the need for adjustments such as depreciation, accruals, prepayments and bad debts; the difference between profit and cash; interpretation of an income statement and a balance sheet using ratio analysis; costing: cost behaviour; marginal costing – methods and uses; absorption costing- methods and uses; budgeting: nature and purpose of budgeting; its contribution to planning, control and motivation in an organisation and preparation of simple budgets.
- The subject aims to make you aware of the place and the effect that people and psychosocial processes have on organizations. In addition, we will work with explanatory models that will help you better understand the behaviour of individuals and work groups.
- This subject expands on the knowledge acquired in Accounting and Financial Analysis I. We will deal with situations of greater complexity, placing particular emphasis on product assessment and cost calculation. On completion of the subject, you will be able to understand any situation that modifies a company’s financial statements and know how to reflect the change in those statements.
- The course will introduce students to a range of issues and challenges confronting strategic leaders of public, private and third sector organisations in a turbulent global environment. It will focus on the many conflicting perspectives within the subject of strategic management and consider the problems involved in researching and developing strategies and plans and implementing them within the limitations of the organisation. It considers a range of analytical techniques and concepts, both applying them and critically evaluating their usefulness through the use of case study work. The course includes a comprehensive review of current strategic issues, identifying the contradictions and paradoxical nature of strategic decision-making and strategic planning.
This course in the Academic English: Writing specialization, and it is a more advanced writing course. It will help you raise the level of your writing and make you more aware of the type of writing you can expect in college. You’ll learn what plagiarism is and how to avoid it using correct MLA citations. Also, you’ll learn to write a synthesis essay, which will help develop your critical thinking skills. Finally, you’ll write a documented essay, which will help further enhance your skill of using outside sources in your writing.
- Advanced Argument Essays
In the previous class, you learned about writing argument essays. Here you’re going to learn how to make your essays more academic by writing more body paragraphs and adding support from outside sources. You will write a new argument essay, and since you already know how to write an argument, this will be a good way to practice using sources.
- Avoiding Plagiarism
The topic of this module is very important for you to know about before you start taking college classes. Plagiarism is a kind of academic dishonesty that gets students into big trouble or even gets them dismissed from school. In this module, you will learn what plagiarism is and how to avoid it.
- Synthesis Essay
In classes, you will often be asked to read several articles and write an essay about an idea you form from reading the articles. This kind of essay is called a synthesis essay. In this module, you will be given two lists of articles to choose from. You will need to read the articles on your list and then write a synthesis essay. You will use sources from the articles to support your own ideas.
- Documented Essay
In this course, you will start using the Internet to find your own outside sources to support your ideas. You will also try to write a longer essay than you have before. This module will give your more practice using quotes and paraphrase in your essay, and you will learn to use a Works Cited page to list your sources.
- In this subject, you will gain a basic understanding of the main international organisations created since the birth of this new subject – public international law – in the 19th century: the United Nations (UN), the World Trade Organisation (WTO), the World Bank, the International Monetary Fund (IMF), etc.
- This subject will expand on the knowledge acquired in Microeconomics: You will learn how to critically assess microeconomic approaches, decisions, and policies. Among other topics, we will cover macroeconomic variables, fiscal policy, the financial industry, recessions, and crises.
- The purpose of this course is to discuss the concept of intellectual property and the legal that have developed over time to encourage and control it. We consider copyright patent and trademark regimes together with related areas such as licensing and trade secrets.
- The International Trade Logistics course is designed and developed for learners to acquire a specialized knowledge and to gain competence in logistics and international trade of an organization
- Your marketing quest begins here! This course specialization lays the neccessary groundwork for an overall successful marketing strategy. It is separated into two sections: Market Research and Consumer Behavior. You will gain the tools and techniques to translate a decision problem into a research question in the Market Research.
- Companies operate in markets, and markets, in turn, are a part of increasingly interrelated societies. This subject aims to foster an awareness of the role that executives should play as citizens and their ability to contribute and transform society on the basis of socially responsible values.
- This course offers a general introduction to the World International Trade Law (WTO Law), EU-law, Africa and the other parts of the world. Exploring the structure, principles and main WTO Agreements shaping international trade within the WTO will provide the students with a birds-eye view to international trade framework in general. The study of the relationship between WTO and EU will consist of the analysis of the status of the EU in the WTO, and the legal effect of WTO law in the EU.
Between your second and final year, you’ll have the option to study or do a work placement for three months. Not only will this give you an amazing experience to talk about but will also give your CV a boost. If you’d rather go straight to your final year, that’s absolutely fine too.
This offers you the opportunity to enhance your study and CV with a work placement sandwich year. It’s a chance to explore career possibilities, make valuable contacts and gain sought after professional skills.
Our dedicated Careers and Employment team are here to help guide you through the process. Not only will this give you an amazing experience to talk about but will also give your CV a boost. If you’d rather go straight to your final year, that’s absolutely fine too.
Job positions for International Business Major
Bachelor of Business Administration is a great study choice in the increasingly connected modern world. A degree in business administration opens up many different employment opportunities. However, because the subject is so broad, some of the jobs you could earn may require further, more specialized education. The common jobs for Business Administration degree major are:
- Financial Analyst
- Marketing and Sales Manager
- Business Operations Specialist
- International Sales Representative
- Foreign Exchange Consultant
- Budget Analyst
- Business and Economics Teacher (high school)
- Business Reporter
- Financial Manager
- Financial Advisor
- You will be required to submit the following documentation with your application as proof you meet the entry requirements of this bachelor’s degree programme. If you have not yet completed your current secondary school, then you can still apply and you can provide your High School Certificate at a later date.
Your Secondary’s or University Certificate and Transcript:
- Upload your secondary school’s certificate or university’s certificate and a full transcript showing all the subjects you studied and the marks you have achieved in your high school (s) (original) or university if you are planning to earn double bachelor degree.
- A photo passport and a detailed personal statement explaining your motivation for this particular bachelor’s degree programme.
You can apply and upload documents here
Admission & Financial Aid
Shahaadadan koowaad ee jaamacaddeed ee Maamulka iyo Maareynta Ganacsiga waa barnaamij shahaado jaamacaddeed oo 3 sano ah oo ay bixiso Jaamacadda Dowladda iyo Dhaqaalaha. Ardayda Maamulka iyo Maareynta Ganacsiga ka baxo waxay noqdaan kuwo aqoon u leh qaybo badan oo kala duwan, oo ay ku jiraan maaliyadda, xisaabaadka, suuq-geynta, hawlaha saadka, xirfada iibinta, iyo guud ahaan xirfada maamulida.
The University of Government and Economics is specialized university for public policy and economics. The University’s goal is to improve public policy, economics and leadership so people can live in societies that are more safe, just and sustainably prosperous.