Bachelor of Political Science and Governance
The Bachelor of Political Science and Governance degree provide students with the knowledge, skills, and abilities to understand and participate in the political systems of Somalia and the world. This degree provides a broad perspective on experiences, international and domestic, from both theory and practice. This degree program provides rigorous training in social scientific methodology and equips students to study and produce empirical research about politics.
This major allows students who plan to attend graduate school for advanced study in political science or another social science discipline to pursue their interest in politics while developing and making use of their analytical and technical skills.
The Bachelor of Political Science and Governance program is offered online via distance learning or campus.
What is Bachelor of Political Science and Governance?
Bachelor of Political Science and Governance is the study of governments, policies, institutions, and the behavior of participants in the political world. Using humanistic and scientific approaches, as well as qualitative and quantitative methods, the field of political science examines political structures both inside and outside government with the goal of better understanding how they function, and the ways in which they change the world over time.
Core Courses and Topics in Bachelor of Political Science and Governance:
- Public administration course involves all levels of government (local, state, and federal) and many different kinds of careers. This course prepares students to enter or advance their careers as they explore government and nonprofit decision-making and policy implementation. Students are tasked with becoming competent leaders through course work that involves high-level knowledge and understanding of human resource management, communication skills, budget/financial management, law, data analysis, and theory as it relates to the public sector.
- This subject is very important while students are studying politics. The discussion of political science remains incomplete unless the political theory is properly discussed. Because, in the discussion of political theory, there are many questions arises in your mind. 1. What is Political theory and why should we study political theory? 2. What are the Functions of Political theory? 3. How Many types of Political theory in political science? These 3 questions is the most important types of political theory that you should know.
- Affairs of a country are no longer confined within its borders. They can have far-reaching effects on people across the world. Inter-connectivity among countries has created a need for analysis and studying the problems of countries at a global level, experts of International Relations closely work with global policymakers and diplomats in order to study and perceive the emerging complications in great detail. If you are curious about how global connectivity has changed the relationships between nations across the globe, there are numerous International Relations courses offered all around the world.
- This subject is an entity possessing international rights and obligations and having the capacity 1. to maintain its rights by bringing international claims; 2. to be responsible for its breaches of obligation by being subjected to such claims. This course will familiarize students with the basic tenets of international law and serve as a springboard for those wishing to study international law in greater depth.
- This course examines the key concepts and schools of thought in the study of foreign policy. Concentrating on the process of decision making, internal and external factors which influence foreign policy and the instruments available to foreign policy decision makers, the course will provide you with an understanding of the role and effect that foreign policy has on international politics. Combining a discussion on theoretical and historical perspectives, this course will introduce key concepts in the study of foreign policy and the schools of thought that frame foreign policy strategies.
- This course will outline the development of important programs that have served as model to other governments throughout the world. In the process, we will also evaluate how public policy is made from several important perspectives: economic, foreign relations, and environmental.
- There is an increasing demand to understand the developmental roles of Islam in the rapidly evolving global environment, to ensure its relevance as well as to guide human civilisational advancement. This Islamic Governance course is introduced by The University of Governmnet and Economics (UNIGOVEC), aims to cater to this demand to reconcile Islam with the contemporary world. It is based on a critical analysis of the contemporary Muslim communities with their internal political dynamics as well as their relations to the rest of the world.
- The course analyzes the traits of the phenomenon and its impact on the political system. Therefore, the role of the judge in the process of adjudication and the whole structure of the judicial system are considered. Students will analyze and evaluate judicial power. Explore the relationship between courts and the political environment and discover its affect on the the transformations of contemporary political systems.
- The African Politics course aims to equip students with a broad, deep and critical understanding of African constitutional and political systems, social organisations and regional integration.
- This course will analyse the roles of key outside players in the region and will examine how security issues in the Middle East have a wider impact on international politics. After identifying the Middle East and providing an historical overview, attention is given to the current policies and interests of the United States, Russia, China and the European Union in the region. Major potential security problems are discussed with a focus on terrorism, refugees, rising sectarianism, possible tensions over energy supplies, and the danger of the proliferation of weapons of mass destruction.
- This course examines similarities and differences in politics and political economy in Britain, Germany, Denmark, and Sweden. In particular, the course focuses on the structure of political power within the state, and on important institutions that form the link between state and society, especially political parties and interest organizations.
- This course focuses on Asian political thought in conversation with political theories popular in the West and tackling the universally relevant questions of self, society, power, politics, nation-state and modernity. The course is organised around these questions, addressed through several dimensions wherever possible: arguments and commentary, original sources to contemporary interpretations as well as theory and practice.
- This course provides an introduction to the major concepts and issues in contemporary international relations. What is power? Who are the main actors in international affairs? What makes some nations great powers? Why does war occur and what does globalisation really mean? Through the course, students will evaluate and debate these ideas in the context of contemporary developments in world affairs. They will encounter and engage with a range of timely issues, including terrorism, failing states, strategic rivalry, global economic turbulence, and nuclear proliferation.
|start:||15 September – Campus|
10 October – Online studies
10 January – Online studies
15 February – Campus
|Place of Study:||Mogadishu and Online Studies|
|Application Deadline:||Continuous recording. Applications are processed in the order in which they are received.|
|Duration::||3 year full-time (campus and online studies)|
4 years part-time (online studies only)
|Degree::||Bachelor Degree (Professional Degree)|
Abdijabaar Sh. Ahmed
Hawa Osman, Ph.D
- You will be required to submit the following documentation with your application as proof you meet the entry requirements of this bachelor’s degree programme. If you have not yet completed your current secondary school, then you can still apply and you can provide your High School Certificate at a later date.
Your secondary’s Certificate and Transcript:
- Upload your secondary’s certificate and a full transcript showing all the subjects you studied and the marks you have achieved in your high school (s) (original)
- A photo passport and a detailed personal statement explaining your motivation for this particular bachelor’s degree programme.
Application Fees: $30
Tuition fee per semester: $200
Two-time payment per semester: $300
Weligaa qof xil haaya ma fiirisay oo ma iswaydiisay sida uu meeshaas ku gaaray? Mise ma iswaydiiyey sida uu qof ku noqday madaxweyne malaayiin qof ay taageersan yihiin? Hogaamiyaasha waaweyn iyo xitaa kuwa caanka ah waxay ku yimaadeen aqoonta iyo xirfadaha malaayiin arday ay soo barteen.
The University of Government and Economics is specialized university for public policy and economics. The University’s goal is to improve public policy, economics and leadership so people can live in societies that are more safe, just and sustainably prosperous.