Psychology Associate Degree
Associate of Science in Psychology degree is a two-year program that will provide you with an introduction to the field of psychology. Psychology courses are taught from The University of Government and Economics challenging you to integrate the study of human behavior in a scholarly environment that fosters both critical and creative thinking.
Psychologists use scientific methods to study the human mind and assess, diagnose, prevent and treat problems. Psychologists are interested in how people think, feel and behave. They study individuals, groups, organisations and communities and apply this knowledge accordingly.
Reasons to Pursue Psychology Associate Degree?
1. To get a job. Some students get an associate’s degree in psychology to begin employment in the field. Jobs requiring an associate’s degree include entry-level or administrative positions like psychiatric technician or aide, social services assistant, or mental health technician.
2. To explore the field of psychology. Another reason to pursue an associate’s in psychology degree is to explore the field. Immediately following high school, it can be difficult to know your desired career path. Getting a two-year degree in psychology provides a good introduction to the field for students who are not yet ready to commit to a higher degree. Associate’s degrees also tend to be a less expensive way to explore the field than other degree types, since it requires 60 hours of study rather than 120 hours required for a bachelor’s degree, for example.
3. To prepare for a higher degree in the field. Graduates of associate degree programs may be able to transfer the majority of their credit hours to a bachelor’s program later on. For students who are not yet ready to commit to a four-year program, an associate’s degree can provide a solid foundation for further study.
Career Opportunities for Psychology after Graduations
Demand for psychologists continues to grow in schools, public and private hospitals, academic and applied research settings, law courts, prisons, police forces, defence forces, private practice, consulting firms – the list goes on.
Psychology provides excellent training in analytic thinking and scientific research methods that are relevant to a broad range of careers. These include but are not limited to employment in fields such as community services and counselling, business and market research, education, administration, and management. An increasing number of Psychology graduates work as researchers in industry and government agencies.
The Course Structure
Core Subjects: Level 1
- Exploring Psychology: From brain to practice
- Psychology: From perception to reality
Critical Thinking in
- Psychology: How to think about
- Psychology: Listening, Translating and
Core Subjects: Level 2
- Introduction to Research Methods and Data Analysis
- Experimental Investigation and Analysis of Behaviour
- Psychological Neuroscience
- Through the Looking Glass: Development across the Lifespan
- Learning Processes, Behaviour and Performance
- Memory and Cognition
- You will be required to submit the following documentation with your application as proof you meet the entry requirements of this associate’s degree programme. If you have not yet completed your current secondary school, then you can still apply and you can provide your High School Certificate at a later date.
Your Secondary’s or University Certificate and Transcript:
- Upload your secondary school’s certificate or university’s certificate and a full transcript showing all the subjects you studied and the marks you have achieved in your high school (s) (original) or university if you are planning to earn double bachelor degree.
- A photo passport and a detailed personal statement explaining your motivation for this particular bachelor’s degree programme.
You can apply and upload documents here
Application Fees: $50
Tuition fee per semester: $200
Two-time payment per semester: $300
|start:||16 August 2021 – campus|
17 August 2021 – online studies
19 October 2021 – online studies
11 January 2022 – online studies
15 March 2022 – online studies.
|Place of Study:||Mogadishu, Hargeisa, and Online Studies|
|Application Deadline:||Continuous recording. Applications are processed in the order in which they are received.|
|Duration::||2 year full-time (campus and online studies)
3 years part-time (online studies only)
|Degree::||Associate Degree (Professional Degree)|
Abdijabaar Sh. Ahmed
Wafa W. Ahmed
The University of Government and Economics is the first specialized university for school of government and economics. The University’s goal is to improve public policy, economics and leadership so people can live in societies that are more safe, just and sustainably prosperous.
Do you need help (for admissions and advice)?
All of our instructors are experts in their fields of expertise and great in transferring their knowledge – teaching skills are supported by our teach coach program.
Tel: (+252) 610 17 1010
Xarunta Jaamacadda ee Muqdisho: Degmada Hodan, Waddada shaqaalaha, Agagaarka Mabaax Apartments +252 Mogadishu, Somalia